The City of Fountain Valley is located in the heart of Orange County just minutes from many points of interest.
The city is geographically located just north of Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, and Newport Beach, and just south of Santa Ana and Anaheim.
Since its incorporation in 1957 and throughout its rich history, the City of Fountain Valley has been known as “A Nice Place to Live.” Residents of the city have adopted this motto thanks to the well maintained streets and parkways, 20 parks, wide range of recreation programs for all ages, great weather throughout the year, and overall quality of life. Business also consider Fountain Valley to be a “Nice Place to do Business” as well.
Mile Square Park
One of the city’s greatest amenities is Mile Square Park. Mile Square Regional Park is an urban park located in the City of Fountain Valley and totals 640 acres of land. Within the park’s boundaries are:
- 3 regulation golf courses
- 2 regulation soccer fields
- Baseball and softball diamonds
- Archery range
- Wilderness area
- 2 fishing lakes
- Concession operated bike and paddle boat operations
- Wide expanse of picnic areas as well as numerous picnic shelters
- Shelters that serve a wide variety of visitors ranging from individuals to families and group organizations to annual company picnics
Recreation Center & Sports Park
On the westside of Mile Square Park city owns and operates a 78-acre Recreation Center and Sports Park. This facility, newly expanded and renovated in 2008, contains:
- Recreation Center (indoor gym, racquetball courts, and community rooms)
- 15 ball fields
- 3 dedicated softball fields
- Walking trail
- Great lawn for community events such as the Annual Egg Hunt, Concerts in the Park, Classic Car Show, and Tree Lighting Ceremony